Kids are naturally fast learners, and they quickly grab information, especially when they are between the age of one to four.
Training your kids has moved on from pointing out pictures to them on hardcopy books—-you can now do more, thanks to the TV. Unlike in the past, when televisions were a symbol of luxury and not a necessity, you can actually afford a TV now, and what’s more, is that you can use it to teach you your kids several things.
According to several types of research, babies are easily captivated by songs and pictures. Songs help them to relax well enough to enjoy the message being passed in the film. Kids also enjoy colorful displays because each color gives them a unique interpretation. They tend to love characters based on their favorite colors, which is why kids always watch cartoons.
Getting your kid to be active requires playing the right movies. Kids are easily motivated by movies with adventurous characters or superheroes. These characters teach them a lot of things, but most importantly, they teach them to be active or more active.
When kids finish watching a movie, they tend to exhibit the behavior of their favorite characters afterward, and they do it either by the way they speak or the way they behave.
So, what are the best movies your kids can watch to make them more active?
Below is a review of some of the best and most popular movies for kids. These movies are not just there for the fun of it; they teach morals and help your kids learn very important lessons about life.
- Shrek (2001) – Shrek is a 2001 movie that will stand the tests of time. It’s a timeless classic that tells the story of a big ogre often classified to be very ugly. This ogre has a loyal friend who’s a donkey, and together, they were able to rescue a cursed princess and free their house from a proud king’s banished people. The movie comes in four different parts, with each part telling a unique story about the life of an ogre who managed to marry one of the most beautiful women in the land.
The characters in Shrek represent people in the daily world and how they are unfairly judged based on their looks and first impression. Any kid would love to watch Shrek, and the kid would happily sing along to the sonorous songs in the movie.
- Dumbo (2019) – Dumbo tells the story of a baby elephant who was ostracized because of her unusually long ears. After several years of seeking validation and going through abuse, Dumbo finally found the courage to help herself. She started performing in public places, using her big ears as wings to make her fly.
The story teaches the importance of compassion, and it will make your kid yearn to fly. The movie is bound to inspire your kid who will know from a very young age the dangers of bullying and the importance of compassion.
- Paddington (2014) – Paddington is a movie that tells the emotional story of a baby bear. After getting their home destroyed by an earthquake in Peru, a young bear was placed in a cargo ship by its mother to go and find a home in London. On getting there, things are not as rosy as it expected, and it had to survive a taxidermist who needed its body as a collection. The Brown family found the bear, and he was named Paddington (the train station it was found at). Paddington later grew to become a popular sensation and was able to defeat the taxidermist in order to enjoy its stay in London.
Paddington is an emotional story that teaches your kids why and how they should show compassion to animals.
- Moana (2016) – Moana is a beautiful movie that will be especially classic and more interesting to little girls. This is because the story features a small girl named Moana tasked with saving her land from the evil Te Ka, whose heart was stolen by the demigod Maui. Moana, though a small girl, was able to accomplish the mission with the help of Maui. With the stolen heart, she was able to change Te Ka to Te fiti, changing the evil monster to a good god.
Filled with lots of classic musicals and humorous dances, Moana is bound to make your kid very active. The movie teaches that nobody is too small to take responsibility, and that compassion can turn even the evilest person into a good person.
- Annie (2014) – Annie is one of the best kids movies ever made. From a rich story to extremely captivating musicals, it ticks all the boxes for a timeless piece. It’s about the story of a young foster kid who was adopted by Mr. Stacks, a man running to be the Mayor of New York. At first, the relationship between Mr. Stacks and Annie was for political reasons to gain popularity for Mr. Stacks. Soon enough, however, the bond between them grew, and Mr. Stacks had to renounce his ambition as a candidate so that he could properly care for Annie as a parent.
Annie is bound to leave a tear in your eyes, and more than anything, it’s bound to teach your kids the importance of compassion and education.
All the movies mentioned above are top-rated movies and are among the best movies of all time for kids. These movies will leave your kids active, happy, and playful. They’ll gladly sing along to the beautiful musicals and exhibit the good behavior of the characters in the movies.
Daniel Witman is a passionate journalist who has contributed to major media publications. He enjoys writing about eSports and other topics that bother modern men. Currently, he’s serving as an editor for dota2-bets.net.